Seventeen New York, NY
- Work closely with the editor-in-chief to plan editorial and digital strategies for 10 print issues a year.
- Manage the features team and top edit beauty, fashion, love, entertainment and lifestyle content.
- Brainstorm and execute special issues and packages—including editorial content for Seventeen’s first ever Girl Power issue, a DIY issue, an internship guide, and college SIPs.
- Conceptualized and carried out Seventeen’s 3rd annual Pretty Amazing contest, the search to put a real girl on the cover. This involved motivating 30,000 girls to enter, reviewing applicants, picking finalists, securing a celebrity judge, and partnering with The Today Show.
- Supervise Seventeen brand extensions—including a candy line, books, and bedding.
- Collaborate with advertising on larger Seventeen initiatives and represent the brand at company meetings.
Cosmopolitan New York, NY
- Carried out Cosmo’s first ever International Don’t Fake It Day on November 4th, 2011, which involved working with Cosmopolitan’s international editions, creating web, social media, and in book campaigns.
- Responsible for all celebrity content, including writing or editing the cover interview and attending photo shoots.
- Oversaw the Cosmo Life section, which featured fashion, beauty, cocktails, and decorating advice.
- Attended brainstorming sessions with the editor-in-chief, where we decided what will go into each issue.
- Managed junior staff, editing them, helping them package stories, and meeting with them to come up with new ideas for the website, iPad, and magazine.
Deputy Articles Editor
- Oversaw and managed the entertainment and lifestyle sections.
- Wrote at least three to five articles per issue.
- Wrote 3 original books for the Cosmopolitan brand.
- Regularly pitched ideas for new web features and phone apps for the Cosmo brand.
- Wrote features monthly— including entertaining, true life, and career stories.
- Wrote multiple features per month— including self-help and relationship articles.
- Pitched and wrote weekly original content for Cosmopolitan.com.
- Edited the Weekend section, written by editorial assistants and freelancers.
- Wrote 6 monthly columns, including the Living, Weekend, and Party Pics pages.
- Pitched news, love, entertainment, and how-to stories weekly.
- Regularly wrote posts on topics ranging from relationships to interior decor.
Global Strategy Group New York, NY
- Regularly updated the website with information for clients and managed the company blog.
- Actively recruited target groups for hundreds of focus groups.
Fordham University, Bronx, NY
Major: English Minor: Political Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.6 Major GPA: 3.8
SKILLS: Trained in Search Engine Optimization and best practices for social media; Proficient in InCopy, InDesign, Photoshop, HTML